Networker

[Networker] Win_NMC vs. Unix_NMC

2007-09-21 00:16:58
Subject: [Networker] Win_NMC vs. Unix_NMC
From: Ntwrkr Serf <ntwrkrserf AT AIM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:13:02 -0400
After leaving what I thought to be an extremely busy and fast paced birth in a
100% Windows environment I have landed in a megatapeopulous!

The new shop thousands and thousands of computers and servers. They work on a
25/8/367 schedule...

I love it and hate it at the same time... I have learned to appreciate the unix
nmc interface vs the win interface though. Only one real word for the
difference though --- That word is FASTER!

Although visually the unix version is ugly and it is clumsy until you get to
know it, but when working with 100s if not 1,000s of changes a day... FASTER
always wins over beauty and grace.

Oh also, when I left my shop every client and server was running the same level
of emc networker client. When I get here to serveropolous there are only like 6
different levels... But man I wish we had two more people to run around and
just update clients.

I guess we could hire EMC to come down and update clients...

You know you would think if you offer a Canadian a 6 digit paycheck, sunshine
and warmth 9 months out of the year and a dollar that converts well in any
country in the world that they would be happy and drag their family kicking and
screaming into the sunshine... Apparently there is still that stubborn Maple
Leaf tattoo we can't cut off of there arms... yet!?

We have hockey in Florida now, ok it is unix gui ugly, but it is hockey.
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-leading
spam and email virus protection.