Networker

[Networker] DBO question

2007-09-20 10:13:19
Subject: [Networker] DBO question
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:07:28 -0400
Hi,

I've just started doing testing with disk backup to an advanced file
type device.  From the admin guide, I should be able to run a backup and
restore at the same time.  Well, while backing up client A to my test
device, I tried to restore client B from the same test device.  My
restore got the following error messages:

.

.

.

recover> recover

recover: Total estimated disk space needed for recover is 1 KB.

Recovering 1 file into its original location

Volumes needed (all on-line):

        TestAdvFile.001.RO at /test/ufs/_AF_readonly

Requesting 1 file(s), this may take a while...

NSR server `backup': busy

recover: waiting 30 seconds then retrying

NSR server `backup': busy

.

.

.

These messages continued until the backup was done - and then the
restore completed.

More details about our environment:  NW server on Solaris, v7.2.2Jumbo.
ClientA is Windows, ClientB is Solaris.

So, does anyone have any idea why my restore waits for the backup to
finish?  Shouldn't it be restoring from the _AF_readonly device while a
backup runs?

Thanks.

Teresa