Networker

Re: [Networker] verify media using networker

2007-09-19 21:44:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] verify media using networker
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:39:29 +1000
Cloning is the most complete and visible way of confirming backups...

I like to point out to people however that most of the tape drive types we use
these days always do read-after-write verification on the fly - it really is
most unlikely that tape failures will go un-noticed at the time of backup. In
fact I have not yet come across a case where the backup has succeeded without
errors and then the cloning process fails to read that orignial backup.

But that said,   if you're wanting to send data offsite - send a copy.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act
in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of
them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any
attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may