Networker

Re: [Networker] how to backup bootstrap to specific pool

2007-09-16 22:36:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to backup bootstrap to specific pool
From: don karnash <donkarnash AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:32:52 +1000
Hi Graig,

  Thanks for your reply. I have added all the groups to this "bootstrap" pool.
Accoring to my understanding on how networker selects a media:

  GROUP

  CLIENTS

  SAVE SETS

  LEVEL

  Now, when I issue  /usr/sbin/nsr/savegrp -l full -O unix it will look at the
group (all selected)

  So all Default and Unix and bootstrap can hold the groups

  Next clients: blank. So again all Default and Unix and bootstrap can hold the
clients

  Next save sets: explicitly mentioned bootstrap and index for bootstrap pool
so it should go to bootstrap pool

  Levels: does not come into picture

  Then why is the bootstrap and index for unix group not saved in media
belonging to bootstrap and why does it save to media belonging to unix.

  When I issue : /usr/sbin/nsr/savegrp -l full -O nt, the bootstrap and index
do get saved to bootstrap pool. It is just unix group bootstrap is being saved
to media beloning to unix pool.

  Does this make sense ???

Craig Faller <craig.faller AT GMAIL DOT COM> wrote:
  the savesets should be as follows
bootstrap

All groups need to be placed into this pool to allow then to use it....if
a group is not selected, then it will use default settings...

Below shows your Group: blank, so update the savesets to match above, and
ensure all Groups have been selected for this pool....

Craig.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 16:04:28 +1000, don karnash
wrote:

>I have created a pool called bootstrap to backup bootstrap & index. I
have two other pools - win and unix which contain clients from respective
OS. The default pool has default settings as it cannot be modified. The
settings for the bootstrap pool is as follows:
> name: bootstrap
> enabled: yes
> type: backup
> lable temple: bootstrap (customized)
> Groups: blank
> clients: blank
> save sets: bootstrap and index
> levels: blank
> devices: blank
> store index entries: yes
> auto media verify: yes
> recycle from other pools: no
> recycle to other pools: no
> volume type: blank
>
> I have labled one volume to bootstrap pool and is appendeble.
>
> The server is on Solaris and obviously is also a client of the unix
group and is backedup to the media belonging to unix pool.

> Now, when I issue /usr/sbin/nsr/savegrp -l full -O win
> the bootsrap and index get backedup to this one volume that belongs to
pool bootstrap.

> But, when I issue /usr/sbin/nsr/savegrp -l full -O Unix
> the bootsrap and index get backedup to a volume that belongs to pool
unix.

> Should the bootstrap and index also go to the volume belnging to pool
bootstrap ????? How can I change this ???