Networker

Re: [Networker] how to backup bootstrap to specific pool

2007-09-16 20:44:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to backup bootstrap to specific pool
From: Craig Faller <craig.faller AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:38:18 -0400
the savesets should be as follows
bootstrap

All groups need to be placed into this pool to allow then to use it....if
a group is not selected, then it will use default settings...

Below shows your Group: blank, so update the savesets to match above, and
ensure all Groups have been selected for this pool....

Craig.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 16:04:28 +1000, don karnash <donkarnash AT YAHOO DOT COM>
wrote:

>I have created a pool called bootstrap to backup bootstrap & index. I
have two other pools - win and unix which contain clients from respective
OS. The default pool has default settings as it cannot be modified. The
settings for the bootstrap pool is as follows:
>  name: bootstrap
>  enabled: yes
>  type: backup
>  lable temple: bootstrap (customized)
>  Groups: blank
>  clients: blank
>  save sets: bootstrap and index
>  levels: blank
>  devices: blank
>  store index entries: yes
>  auto media verify: yes
>  recycle from other pools: no
>  recycle to other pools: no
>  volume type: blank
>
>  I have labled one volume to bootstrap pool and is appendeble.
>
>  The server is on Solaris and obviously is also a client of the unix
group and is backedup to the media belonging to unix pool.

>  Now, when I issue /usr/sbin/nsr/savegrp -l full -O win
>  the bootsrap and index get backedup to this one volume that belongs to
pool bootstrap.

>  But, when I issue /usr/sbin/nsr/savegrp -l full -O Unix
>  the bootsrap and index get backedup to a volume that belongs to pool
unix.

>  Should the bootstrap and index also go to the volume belnging to pool
bootstrap ????? How can I change this ???