Networker

Re: [Networker] VTL

2007-09-15 19:11:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] VTL
From: John Stoffel <john.stoffel AT TAEC.TOSHIBA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:07:50 -0400
Patrick> Check out Data Domain.
Patrick> www.datadomain.com

Patrick> I have specific contact info if you need it.

It's certainly not a cheap solution, though if you work for AIG, maybe
you have more money than you know what to do with. :]

In any case, we'd really need to know more details.  Do you want the
Falconstor software to manage the migration of data from the VTL to
true tapes?  Or do you care if the VTL handles it?

Me, I personally prefer having control, and since we're looking into
VTL or disk staging in the next six months, I'm interested in all
experiences people have with Legato 7.2.x with staging and/or VTL.

John