Networker

Re: [Networker] Location of latest 7.3.2 jumbo build

2007-09-14 20:43:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Location of latest 7.3.2 jumbo build
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 03:31:00 +0300
> On 2007-09-14 04:56, Stan Horwitz revealed:
>
> SH> I don't know, but why not just use 7.3.3 which is on PowerLink and should
> SH> include everything 7.3.2 jump has in it?
>
> Because 7.3.3 has a nasty nsrmmd bug which makes nsrmmd crash
> intermittently and eventually halt the whole backup system.

It will halt the system because a crashed nsrmmd leaves the shared
memory segments it uses to talk to the save process allocated  and this
eventually
fill up the memory space allocated for IPC

Can be checked with ipcs -a.
They can be cleared with ipcrm, but of course this is just  a workaround...

The crashes again has often been caused by an AFTD that doesn't have
the files the media database says it has. This again has been seen on almost
all gradually (7.0 -> 7.1 ->.... 7.3.3 and 7.4) upgraded systems using AFTD.

Best
Dag