Networker

Re: [Networker] recover of unix files to a windows server

2007-09-14 05:21:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] recover of unix files to a windows server
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 05:18:20 -0400
On Sep 14, 2007, at 5:02 AM, mark wragge wrote:

Can i recover files that were originally stored on a unix server to a windows server. The Solaris server will be decomissioned and the environment will be windows only. The files that will need to be recovered are jpegs, xml and tifs.

  Can i initiate a recovery of unix client data from a windows server?
  Can i recover unix client data to a windows server?

I doubt it, but try it now and see what happens. I suspect the meta data will be too different between Solaris and Windows for that kind of recover to work properly. You would be best to keep a Solaris box around just to use for recover purposes.