Networker

Re: [Networker] RPC Timeouts on Full backup

2007-09-14 03:23:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] RPC Timeouts on Full backup
From: Luke Simmons <luke.jason.simmons AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:19:08 +0200
You might setup a something like "tcp test" on your backup server (the
server version exists only though for Unix and Linux -- I'm sure
though you can find something similar out there for windows) and test
your connection. Some operating systems have builtin protections for
DDOS attacks.

If you're able to backup one partition and the other partition without
any problem, but while backing up both at the same time, the network
connection simply dies, I would look at this first especially if your
backup is dying in different spots.

Luke