Networker

Re: [Networker] RPC Timeouts on Full backup

2007-09-12 17:06:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] RPC Timeouts on Full backup
From: Matt Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:02:26 -0400
David,

    Thanks for your answer.  I can add another piece of information to my
original question , but I don't know what it tells me.

I decided, since I needed to, to run a "save" directly on the partitions
involved.   (Two partitions on two machines.)   On the first partition
that had
failed,  the save worked perfectly and the entire filesystem was backed up.
The second save is going on now.

Do you still think that the "timeout" value is part of this.   The
number of files
isn't nearly as high, by the way -- only 25,000 or so.

I did check  the index, and it appeared nearly empty..   After the
forced save, it was
fully populated.

What do I make of this?   Any ideas?

                                                          Matt Temple