Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up /var/run?

2007-09-12 12:44:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up /var/run?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:41:15 -0400
Thanks, Matt. I knew there had to be logical explanation for it.  ;-)

Matthew Huff wrote:
/var/run was added in Solaris 9 with one of the Solaris 9 refresh
updates and is available in all Solaris 10 servers. It's a memory file
system (memfs). Using "ALL" savesets Legato only backs up ufs, vxfs and
now zfs on Sun boxes, but not memfs. The /var/run directory is backed up
since it's a mountpoint and part of the /var filesystem.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
www.otaotr.com     | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff | Fax: 914-460-4139