Networker

[Networker] some firewall clients working and some are not

2007-09-12 11:22:02
Subject: [Networker] some firewall clients working and some are not
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:18:40 +0100
Hello, I have had a firewall rule configured for about 30 clients that are
behind the firewall. I can telnet to each client on port 7938 and each client
can telnet to the networker server. All servers are Solaris.

  About 10 of the clients backup successfully. The other 20 fail with
connection timed out error. The error message in the daemon.log on the
networker server is;
  Cannot bind socket to port in service port range on system bkupserver

  The clients are all configured the same with nsrports set and networker
server entries in the hosts file. THe hosts file entries for all clients are in
the networker server hosts file. The clients are all in the same firewall rule!

  Is there a way I can enable debug or logging on the clients. The daemon.log
on the clients does not show anything at the moment. Any ideas as to what the
cause of failure is as i am stuck!!!

  Thank you, Mark