Networker

Re: [Networker] Oracle backup query

2007-09-10 17:25:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Oracle backup query
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:18:31 -0400
I also recommend "alter database backup controlfile to trace".  This
creates in your trace directory a script that can be used to rebuild
your controfile.  Always nifty to have.

If you're new to Oracle backups, the Database Backup & Oracle chapters
in my book "Backup & Recovery" ar epretty extensive, and written with
the non-Oracle person in mind:
http://tinyurl.com/2j2ul4

Once you're able to fully speak Oracle and backups fluently, I'd then
suggest these books.  They go into MUCH more detail than what I can
cover in one chapter:

http://tinyurl.com/35az9y
http://tinyurl.com/2jq5us

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies