Networker

Re: [Networker] tape device not available after replcament!

2007-09-05 08:05:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] tape device not available after replcament!
From: Adrian Saul <asaul AT HOME-BOX.ODS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:00:44 +1000
check cfgadm -al o show_FCP_dev

Most likely when the drive was replaced Solaris disabled the device entry. This happens whenever our i2000 gets serviced.

All you should need to do is cfgadm -c unconfigure/configure it back in again.

mark wragge wrote:
The library is L700 and the tape devices are fibre attached and presented to a
number of servers through a fibre switch. We have replaced drives before and a
re-start of the networker services ususally is sufficient to get things back
working.
The drive was replaced by hardware support and as far as I know they unplugged the firbe cable, replaced the drive, plugged in the fibre cable. I suppose until i get the OS to see the drive device path, serial number and wwpn there is nothing that i can do with networker so I will have to look at building the devices. Thanks

Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM> wrote:
  A bit unclear as to where the problem is, but it's got nothing to do
with acsls at least...
First thing I can think of is if the drive is FC attached then what sort
of library are you using? And how is it configured? - the wwpn for the
drive should be loaded into the drive from the library so that drive
replacements do not cause wwpn changes. If it has changed, then you will
need to update the o/s config and possibly SAN switch masking to allow
the new wwpn to be seen by your hosts.