Networker

Re: [Networker] Rant about 7.3.3

2007-09-04 16:41:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Rant about 7.3.3
From: Mattias Ahnberg <mattias AT AHNBERG.PP DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:35:55 +0200
Willeat, Todd wrote:
> I believe in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. Find a
> version that works for you and stick with it. I'm still running 7.1.3
> with no plans to upgrade...

Problem is that in a big(ish) environment you always end up
with some minor issues that bother you for a customer, and
you need to solve it. Instead of trying to assist you with
the release you are currently using you always get to hear
the standards (have you restarted, do you have a networking
issue in general) followed by "please upgrade to version
x.x.x and see if that helps before we try more from our
end".

Frustrating, indeed.
--
/ahnberg.