Networker

[Networker] tape device not available after replcament!

2007-09-04 11:36:54
Subject: [Networker] tape device not available after replcament!
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:27:45 +0100
We had a failed tape device in a tape library that is controlled by ACSLS. The
drive was replaced and acsls reports that it can see the tape device and the
correct serial number is reported. We can mount and unmount a tape using acsls.

  Networker has not picked up the new tape device. The old tape device serial
number is referenced and when we try to use the tape device there is an error
message stating that the device is unavailable. The tape device is shared to
two storage nodes (one solaris and one Hp-ux). The inquire command on each
storage node does not show serial number of the new tape device. Following a
server reboot the server does not show the device path for the device
(/dev/rmt/10cbn).

  Any ideas what to do next. Acsls appears to show that the drive is
functioning but Networker does not show the drive functioining. Do i need to
update networker with the latest library config from ACSLS or should networker
receive the updated infromation automatically.

  Thanks!