Networker

Re: [Networker] Rant about 7.3.3

2007-09-03 05:41:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Rant about 7.3.3
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 10:38:47 +0100
Oscar Olsson wrote:

But releasing a minor bugfix version with new bugs like this one sure makes you wonder if they have any quality control at all.

That's the thing. You think it is a minor bugfix version because back at 5.5.1 when they introduced this numbering scheme they told you that if they change only the third number it would be known as a maintenance release. Now they have decided to do something else and you will find all manner of new functionality in any release they feel like. The recent releases have created confusion for all. The fact that there have been four different releases all called 7.3.2 says it all.

This is one of the reasons that I am still advising my customer to stick with 7.2.1.