Networker

[Networker] Solaris 10 SMF method for Legato

2007-08-29 00:48:59
Subject: [Networker] Solaris 10 SMF method for Legato
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:45:16 +1000
Hi,
As requested, I have created a tarball to assist in converting the Legato Networker startup/shutdown rc scripts to a Solaris 10 SMF format.

If you wish to try this out, please go to:

http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/files/svc_nsr.tar.gz

It has been installed/tested on about 20 systems thus far with no ill effects.

Make sure you do not run the script without reading the README file and knowing why you want to do this.

You will need GNU sed installed, which can be found on the Solaris 10 Companion disk distribution as SFWgsed.

I have heard rumours that SMF startup is in Legato 7.4.x but do not know for sure. This setup will assist in older installations.

Note that depending on your Legato version, the following may be seen
when running the setup script:

* You may need to say "Y" to shutdown of Legato

* Old instances of "nsrexec" may still be running and need to be killed

* The "legacy" rc script may be still visible with "svcs" but will clear
  on reboot.

Please let me know if you use this util.   Any suggestions or changes
will be appreciated.  No guarantees are made - caveat admin!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT