Networker

Re: [Networker] Group running with no active client sessions

2007-08-28 07:45:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Group running with no active client sessions
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:29:53 -0400
I've seen two different manifestations of this problem under Solaris in
version 7.2.1 and earlier:

1. Savegroup status is running; savegroup's work list includes pending save
sets for one or more clients; nsrexec processes exist for those clients;
client is not listed as an active session. In this case, first make sure the
session hasn't just started. This situation is entirely normal while, for
example, an incremental backup is walking the file systems to determine what
to back up. Also make sure the session isn't waiting for a tape. If neither
of those is the case, kill the running nsrexec processes. You may have to do
this several times, depending on the reason for the problem (it tends to
happen when the client is having network issues) and NetWorker's retry counts.

2. Savegroup status is running; nsrexec processes do not exist for any
clients in the group; no clients in the group are listed as active sessions.
Here, you have to force the savegroup to idle status:
echo ". type:nsr group;name:<savegroupname> \n update status:idle" |
nsradmin -i -

HTH,

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:06:26 +0300, Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT