Networker

Re: [Networker] System State - Storage node - BCV

2007-08-26 04:35:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] System State - Storage node - BCV
From: backup <backup AT ZWEISTRA DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:24:14 +0200
We have the reverse situation .
There are some windows clients in our environment that showed error in
backing up the system state etc.
We had a discussion with the managers and got a general weaver to not backup
the system state.
After a long search we found that there is no working directive to not
backup the system state.

So we experimented a lot. We found that in most cases a reboot of the client
was enough to reset the backup so it would backup the system state.
Also we found that when you install networker on a client you get a question
to activate a journal. By saying no to this journal we saw that the number
or problems with backing up the system state also decreased.

We now actively monitor the system state and issue a request for reboot to
the manager of the client-server with the issue.
p.s.
strangly enough a reboot does not work in 100% of the cases