Networker

[Networker] Permission denied when backing up an AIX machine

2007-08-20 08:01:11
Subject: [Networker] Permission denied when backing up an AIX machine
From: Mark Springate <Mark.Springate AT ELINIA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:47:05 +0100
Hi Guys, new to this newsgroup

Hope you can help...

We have a few AIX machines backing up to our Networker server (the
networker host is on a  Linux box) and on one of them it keeps failing
the backup with the following error:

Logfile has no putput

<SEVERE>: Permission denied

I don't know which log file, I have checked the /nsr/res files and so on
and cannot find any further information on this error

I did do a search on the archives, but the results did not work for me.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Mark Springate

Phone: 02920 547279

Mobile: 07816 496420

E-Mail: mark.springate AT elinia DOT com <mailto:mark.springate AT elinia DOT
com>

eLINIA WebServices Limited

Registered office: eLINIA House, Mulberry Drive, Cardiff Gate Business
Park, CF23 8RS Registered company no. 5139995.

This electronic message contains information from eLINIA WebServices Ltd
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are
not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us
by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.