Networker

Re: [Networker] time to grind some tapes!

2007-08-15 12:17:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] time to grind some tapes!
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:14:07 +0100
Francis Swasey wrote:
I have convinced my manager that keeping 18 years of backup clone tapes is not the best use of our limited vault space. Therefore, I have permission to dispose of about 2000 8mm tapes. That's more than I want to hit with a sledge hammer myself.

Does anyone have a recommended vendor for mass (secure) tape disposals?

Iron Mountain offer this service. It is priced based on weight and certificates are issued to confirm destruction.

My customer uses this service in the UK, and has not had any problems. I cannot comment on the price compared to any other services.