Networker

Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now?

2007-08-15 02:33:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now?
From: Jonathan Loran <jloran AT SSL.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:29:12 -0700
For all interested parties, EMC has issued a patch to fix the 7.4 savegroup notification truncation problem. The patch ID for Solaris SPARC is LGTsc07669. (Not sure if there's a different ID for other arch/OS') We've tested this, and it did resolve the issue. Things are looking up.

Jon

Nick Tan wrote:
Hi Jon,

I opened up a support call with Sun about the truncated savegroup notification problem. They sent me new nsrd and savegrp binaries which seem to have fixed the problem.

So if you open up a support call with Sun you'll probably get those sent to you too.

Nick

Jonathan Loran wrote:
Well isn't that just dandy. And we skipped 7.3.3, because it didn't arrive under our support contract, yet 7.4 did. I'll see if I can get a copy of that to test with. should be backward compatible. We certainly are using a lot of 7.3.2 clients (and earlier) against our 7.4 server without a problem.

Thanks for the tip!

Jon

Siobhán Ellis wrote:
7.3.3 has an intel Mac client