Networker

[Networker] Solaris to Linux Migration

2007-08-13 18:57:50
Subject: [Networker] Solaris to Linux Migration
From: Markus Wells <mwells AT SONOSITE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:44:34 -0400
Hi all,

 I'm new here on the Networker list. I scanned the archives and couldn't
find much info for the issue I have at hand so I decided to post it directly.

 The issue is that when we tried to migrate networker from Solaris to Linux,
it failed due to being unable to acccess the built-in volume/label/whatever
database. the person who actually did it believes it had something to do
with the database going from a UFS to an ext3 filesystem and Legat just not
liking that.

 I'm going to try it again, but I wanted to ask if anyone has ever
encountered a problem like that and what a possible solution might be.

 I contacted Matt Hemingway who posted about a similar migration on here and
he said he had no issues and thought it might be due to his restoring the
database from tape rather than doing a rsync or scp.

 One other thing I should mention is that our "database" (or whatever it's
called in Legato/EMC speak) is over 70G as we have some 2-3000 tapes cataloged.

Any thought, hints, RTFM pointers, etc greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Markus