Networker

Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now?

2007-08-13 17:22:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now?
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 07:15:36 +1000
Finally have automatic update of clients, not all OS'
There are some improvements on the GUI. You can stay on the library window
now to answer operator questions
Dashboard, and Backup Advisor are plugins - still have to pay
New reports in numbers of inactive files (but not told what they are)
Saveset expiration now available on the group, but not the client (So now
you have client browse & retention, group saveset expiration, and tape
retention)
You can copy groups, and all the clients

Basically, IMHO, 7.4 is more user friendly.

Siobhan

On 14/8/07 1:17 AM, "Stan Horwitz" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Ben McBeen wrote:
>
>> We discovered here that our problem with accessing the console ws
>> realted to using the wrong version of the java runtime.... which is
>> a problem since it likes to update itself all the time. In order to
>> work properly, you must use the runtime included with your media.
>>
>> That being said, we have been running 7.4 here for two weeks now.
>> The upgrade went smooth, and we are now in the process of upgrading
>> all of our agents. Minor changes in gui.
>
> My understanding is that 7.4 offers a dashboard GUI that's not
> available in 7.3.x. Is that correct? What are the big improvements
> you have seen in 7.4? I am debating whether to go to 7.4 or 7.3.3.

> type
> this list.
> You can access the archives at

Siobhán