Networker

Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now?

2007-08-13 11:11:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Who is using 7.4 now?
From: Ben McBeen <ben.mcbeen AT PLUMASBANK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:06:55 -0700
We discovered here that our problem with accessing the console ws realted to using the wrong version of the java runtime.... which is a problem since it likes to update itself all the time. In order to work properly, you must use the runtime included with your media.

That being said, we have been running 7.4 here for two weeks now. The upgrade went smooth, and we are now in the process of upgrading all of our agents. Minor changes in gui.

Ben McBeen
I.T. Systems Engineer
Plumas Bank
530-283-7305 x7602

Dennis Peacock wrote:
We just installed our first install of 7.4.
It's running just fine, only problem is many of our team members can't access
the GUI because of Java related issues on their desktops.
We keep getting this error:

Please clear the Java Web Start cache and relaunch the application

No matter what we do, some can access the gui while others can not.

|This was sent by dpeaco AT acxiom DOT com via Backup Central.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted
with it are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachment,
may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure
or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply
email and delete all
copies.