Networker

Re: [Networker] How to list files from a saveset when the client is gone

2007-08-13 05:22:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to list files from a saveset when the client is gone
From: Maarten Boot <mboot AT MBOOT DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 02:19:20 -0700
create a dns entry for the client with the same name as before
find the client_id that networker used when the client wtill existed
create a client with the old name and explicitly set the client_id to the old
client id

now the client is known again to networker even if the host itself does not
exist

add a remote access host to this client so you can recover data from the client
useing the remote acces host

Maarten