Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.3 is out !

2007-08-12 07:41:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.3 is out !
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:34:52 +0100
Maarten Boot wrote:
> I just browsed through the release document,
> it mentions LTO-4.
>
> We are required by the PCI standard to encrypt offsite backups and LTO-4
> seems like a nice solution for that. And not to expemsive.
>
> So far could not find any marketing slogan or otherwise if networker
> allows for a seamless encryption based on LTO-4.
>
> The data from the HP website on LTO-4 suggests that the software used
> should integrate with the key handling.

I'm currently looking at encryption using LTO-4 for my customer. The
solution we are planning to trial involves LTO-4 with encryption
controlled by the IBM TS3500 tape library. This will be totally
transparent to NetWorker so the version of NetWorker is irrelevant.

There are of course other ways of doing this.