Networker

Re: [Networker] stinit.def (again)

2007-08-01 19:18:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] stinit.def (again)
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 01:15:25 +0200
On 2007-08-01 14:32, Tim Mooney revealed:

TM> BTW, I've written or tuned entries for several different types of drives
TM> at this point, so if you need help (I doubt it, I know how capable you
TM> are), let me know.

I think I managed to figure it out, but thanks anyway. :)

What I did was to take the stinit.def for the Quantum LTO-2 drives and
just change the drive identification to what the HP drives identify
themselves as. It seems to work out fine now.

However, it also turned out that block size wasn't the only problem. It
seems like the old SLES9 bug with st is still there. CDI still seems to
hang the kernel, or at least the st module. It must have been at least a
year since I first bumped into that one. Its amazing that it still hasn't
been fixed. I can only assume that the user base running networker on
SLES9 is rather... ...limited.

//Oscar