Networker

Re: [Networker] Cluster Storage Node - Licensing question

2007-07-30 17:02:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cluster Storage Node - Licensing question
From: "Albert, Eddie (GTI)" <Eddie_Albert AT ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:58:24 -0400
Ram,

The folks on this list are pretty good at what they do. But I doubt we
could interpret your needs better than the licensing folks @ EMC. They
actually have a HOT NUMBER specifically for licensing issues. If you
call that magic 877-Legato-7 one of the options is licensing, you can
get the answer in a matter of moments.

I just noticed that you are sending this from overseas, so I will
apologize for not knowing the direct dial number for that same Legato
hotline.

Bottom line, I would contact EMC ask them what they suggest. Of course
there is no substitute for understanding your environment and then
researching their licensing agreements... So take their advice WITH A
GRAIN OF SALT... I mean they are telling you to buy THEIR products)
<grin>

EMC we trust you... <looking left...looking right - checking my wallet>
really we do. <Grin>

Best of luck, tell us what you end up going with! /ALE