Networker

Re: [Networker] Is support of networker with emc getting better or worse?

2007-07-30 11:25:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Is support of networker with emc getting better or worse?
From: "Albert, Eddie (GTI)" <Eddie_Albert AT ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:22:26 -0400
My experience may be dated...

I last worked for The Pentagon in January/February. But during that time
phone support was incredible. The phone support folks would rotate and
forward my call around until we had a SME (subject matter expert) to
discuss my issues with me.

I can tell you I called in a request for help from HERE on the NDMP
issue on Thursday and received my answer today. /shrug I don't know if
they have a backlog or what the deal is... I am still learning the
system here, it could be MY ISSUE at this point, not sure yet.

POWERLINK is another story
        It has been a horrible DEBACLE, but... To give them credit it is
way ahead NOW of where I left it in February. The problem I have is it
would appear instead of buying an industrial strength support solution,
that EMC is allowing their customers to beta test their support
solution.

EMC in buying legato has become this big monster that can not turn on a
dime. It turns on oh... Say a dollar & 87 cents. <grin>

Use Powerlink when you can to document the issues, if you don't have
time to wait use the toll free #...

OH and P.S.

Dearest High Muckity-Muck @ EMC SUPPORT,

Please go get DEBBIE DUNN and put her BACK in Support... I miss her
Techno-therapy! Truly one of the best tech support folks I have ever
worked with. Oh and the next time you decide to let someone of her
caliber leave your team, do us a favor and develop a PATCH that we can
wear to get over our addiction to great service. <grin> (Yeah-yeah, for
the rest of the support team you're good too, just miss Deb!)

Semper Fidelis et paratus, of course if I was paratus I wouldn't need
this list!

Eddie Albert aka THE NETWORKER KID!