Networker

Re: [Networker] Setting up a tape library on RH Linux via fibre

2007-07-23 12:20:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Setting up a tape library on RH Linux via fibre
From: John Stoffel <john.stoffel AT TAEC.TOSHIBA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:12:04 -0400
>> Thanks so much for your help. I am wondering something though. The
>> inquire command says each of the five scsi devices is a robotic
>> controller and sjisn reports the same information for each devices.
>> Somehow, I suspect something is wrong.

Stan,

I remember you said you had a single FC port on the library, which
means all four tape drives and the robotics go over a single path,
correct?  And then you have four FC channels between the SAN switch
and your RH box, correct?

Seems to me that you're going to have a huge performance bottleneck
here.  I'd just install a single FC channel between the server, all
the way down to the tape library.  Get that working, then you can
start adding channels.

John