Networker

Re: [Networker] ndmp from a netapp file

2007-07-20 11:28:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] ndmp from a netapp file
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:25:11 -0400

I ran in to an issue. Using networker the default timeout on a backup
group is 30 minutes. NDMP backup with NETAPP have to walk the entire
filesystem to determine the files to backup. On differential backups it
was sometimes taking longer then 30 minutes. I changed by group timeout
value to 90 minutes. I have not had a failure since.

EDWARD COTY
LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918