Networker

[Networker] Firewalling Networker

2007-07-18 19:24:46
Subject: [Networker] Firewalling Networker
From: Michael Bann <mbann AT CEMS.UMN DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:11:10 -0500
Folks,

I've been having a hard time getting information about firewalling a server running networker. From my understanding, networker will create daemons for each client it backs up. It also will be able to restrict this port range somewhat. The server in question will be backing up some other boxes which we don't want it to completely trust (so an IP hole in the firewall is out of the question). Long story short, what methods/papers do you know of to firewall a networker server? This server is Linux and (will be) using iptables for firewalling.

Thanks,

Mike