Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Encryption ???

2007-07-16 03:50:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Encryption ???
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:46:05 +1000
It depends on what you want from encryption.

If you want client side encryption with no key management and to suck CPU on
the client, with no compression capabilities, then NetWorker has it.

If you want encryption to tape with compression and real key management then
look at Neoscale (my favourite) or Decru.

Hope that helps

Siobhan Ellis
IDATA Integrity
Sydney

On 15/7/07 5:48 AM, "Dennis Peacock" <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
wrote:

> It is supported in Networker 7.3.2, it's just that I haven't been through it
> enough to speak more knowledgable on this topic as I'm just learning about it
> myself. I do know that it's covered a good bit in the 7.3x Admin documentation
> and looks as if it's more work for the backup admins to support this.
>
> I do have a lot of questions on this and support hasn't been real helpful on
> this topic when I've called and talked with them about it.

> |This was sent by dpeaco AT acxiom DOT com via Backup Central.

> type
> this list.
> You can access the archives at

Siobhán