Networker

Re: [Networker] backup not working after change in server IP

2007-07-15 08:34:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup not working after change in server IP
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:31:21 +0100
don karnash wrote:
Hi, we have SunFire V880 attached to HP Surestorage 4/40 auto-loader tape library. After office relocation I had to change the server IP address. The scsi connections are as they were before we moved. Since the server had new IP address, the library is not working and the drives are disabled. I have restarted the server and the library and the server reads the indexes for the clients but when I try to mount the tape or do a backup of the group, I can see that the drives are disabled. Has this to do with the license activation with the old IP address ?? Does anyone have a clue what might be the issue. Please advise and thanks in advance.

It sounds like your base enabler has been disabled due to the change of IP. You will need to get in contact with EMC to obtain new auth codes.