Networker

Re: [Networker] ASR recovery without floppy

2007-07-11 15:07:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] ASR recovery without floppy
From: Simon Delicata <sdelicata AT PLANER.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:06:22 +0100
Hi Dave,

Have you considered a USB floppy drive ? Most USB enabled motherboards
I've seen will allow emulation of the floppy disk as an internal one.
Googling "asr usb" gave

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/40852/40852.html?Ad=1

and

http://help.wugnet.com/windows/ASR-Floppy-ftopict578800.html

Both suggest it's not possible without a floppy ASR floppy disk.

regards

Simon Delicata

"Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/07/2007 19:42
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] ASR recovery without floppy

Is it possible to do an ASR recovery on a NetWorker Client without a
floppy drive?  The system in question has a CD drive and USB ports but
no floppy drive and no prospect of attaching a floppy drive.  If it's
possible how would we go about it?  I'm looking at EMC On-line support
but I'm not finding anything relevant.

Networker 7.2.1 (Server & Client), Windows Server 2003 on the Client.
We have a good full backup including ASR save set from last Saturday.

Thanks, Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth<at>garmin.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation

type