Networker

[Networker] how many licenses do i require?

2007-07-10 11:30:20
Subject: [Networker] how many licenses do i require?
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:27:13 +0100
I have a windows networker 7.3.2 server installed which includes 10 client
licenses. I have purchased 7 cluster client connection licenses and they are
installed and authorized. The servers i wish to back up are:
  1 * 2 node cluster (mscs)
  1 * 2 node cluster  (mscs)
  1 * 3 node cluster  (mscs)
  5 servers (win2003)
  This is a total of 12 servers. As 7 of the servers are members of clusters i
thought that my 7 cluster connection licenses covered the backup of these. That
should leave me with 10 client licenses to cover my 5 servers (networker server
included).

  One of my server backups are failing saying that i do not have enough
licenses. If i delete one of the clients and re-attempt the backup it will be
successful as the license has been reallocated.

  The output of nsrlic -l indicates that the cluster nodes have been allocated
client licenses instead of cluster client connection licenses. Nsrlic also
indicated that one of the virtual servers has been allocated a client license.
Nsrlic indicates that only 2 of the 7 cluster licenses are in use.

  Are there known issues with allocation of networker licenses? How can the
license be allocated correctly?