Networker

Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Sun StorEdge Enterprise Backup to EMC NetWorker 7.4

2007-07-09 13:20:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to upgrade Sun StorEdge Enterprise Backup to EMC NetWorker 7.4
From: "Clark, Patti" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:16:47 -0400

Davina is correct.  The relabeled SUN EBS is simply networker.
Everything goes to the same location, has the same name, etc.  The
licenses came from Sun, so you will need to get licenses from EMC.  I
switched hardware platform, so, I don't know what you do about purging
the old licenses.

Another thing you did say, however, was "upgrade".  Are you planning on
using a different version other than v7.2?  If so, all of the dialog on
this list applies when changing versions.

On a side note:  I do find it rather interesting from your email address
[rehal_amrit AT EMC DOT COM]that you seek info from this list.

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information