Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP backup help

2007-07-04 16:38:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP backup help
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:35:54 +0200
On 2007-07-04 11:02, Yaron Zabary revealed:

YZ> N.J.Tustain wrote:
YZ> > Is it possible to backup a NAS (NetApp) up to a Storage Node, either B2D
YZ> > or to its attached Jukebox?
{snip]
YZ>   It is a very simple setup and works with no problem on 7.2.x and above.
YZ> This is the client configuration:
[snip]
YZ>                     save set: /vol/OS, /vol/vol0;

Something I noticed a while ago is if you set the NDMP version to 4 "ndmpd
verion 4" on the filer, specifying saveset All works, which wasn't the
case previously. I try to avoid using anything else than "All", since it
requires the server/backup admin to keep track of file system changes on
the client.

Oh, did I mention that I would like support for autodetecting ZFS
filesystems in Solaris, without using legacy mountpoints in the vfstab?

//Oscar