Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume Errors

2007-07-04 16:31:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume Errors
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:26:35 +0200
On 2007-07-03 12:17, Elvis Ademba revealed:

EA> I keep on seeing the same error message
EA>
EA> failed query for volume <pool>, authentication type 0 not adequate (1, 13)

We've had this problem from time to time with networker 7.3.0. Nowdays,
its rare, and mostly happens when you fiddle with the jukebox manually, or
when you start up networker after maintenance. Rebooting the server
doesn't help. However, if you let networker shut down gracefully when its
in this state, it often solves the problem. So just run nsr_shutdown until
all processes are dead, which could take like an hour.

Also, it would be good to have a new build of 7.3.2 posted on powerlink
*hint* ;)

//Oscar