Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 7.4 : NMC Language

2007-07-03 11:10:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.4 : NMC Language
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:04:58 -0000
 Hi,

I also detected the NMC is now relying on browser language
setting for determining language of the interface. (French,
Japanish, Korean or Chineese )

Very surprising the first time ! Got lost ! No easy way nor
documentation to switch it off. (Or did I miss it ...)
It cost me some time to trace it and determine how to force
GUI in English and not in French (my case).

Undocumented feature. Here is how to fix/force :

- Stop GSTD Service

- Go to C:\Program Files\Legato\Management\GST\web
        or Windows/Unix equivalent GST install directory

- Copy File locale.js

- Edit File locale.js and force english
  (see tag -->>)

    /**
    * This function gets the locale
    */
    function getLocale() {
        var lang = false;
        if (window.ActiveXObject) {
                lang = top.navigator.userLanguage
        } else {
                lang = top.navigator.language
        }
        lang = replaceAll(lang,"-","_");
        if (lang.indexOf("zh") > -1) {
                if (lang.toLowerCase().indexOf("zh_cn") == -1) {
                        lang = "en";
                }
        }
-->>  /**************************************/
-->>  lang= "en";
-->>  /**************************************/
        return lang.toLowerCase();
    }
- Save and exit

- Copy file gconsole.jnlp

- Edit file gconsole.jnlp and remove lines :

        <extension name="Language Pack" href="gconsole_fr.jnlp"/>
        <extension name="Language Pack" href="gconsole_ja.jnlp"/>
        <extension name="Language Pack" href="gconsole_ko.jnlp"/>
        <extension name="Language Pack" href="gconsole_zh.jnlp"/>

- Save and exit

- Restart GSTD

If not you get NMC and Networker NWAdmin in French, Japanish,
Korean or Chineese ...

Good luck,

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   -  1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******      1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****   -  102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****      1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   -> HP moves as from 20 August 2007
 ******      p      ******      Hermeslaan 1a - B-1831 Diegem
 *******    p      *******      BELGIUM
                                      Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
      I  N  V  E  N  T          Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                                Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
Enterprise number 0402.220.594  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
     RPM/RPR Brussels           Internet  : http://www.hp.com/