Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 7.4

2007-07-02 16:53:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.4
From: Rick Brode <rick AT BRODETRAINING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:50:10 -0600
I've upgraded a couple of test machines.

The UNIX nwrecover utility is a whole lot nicer. It includes the ability to do save set and directed recoveries, as well as enhanced functionality like marking files/directories matched in a search.

In the NMC GUI, it is now possible to view jukebox operations in the same window where the jukebox and its inventory is displayed.

The "client push" (a.k.a - Software Distribution) feature is the best part of 7.4 (IMO). It's fairly straightforward and can be configured via nsrpush or the new Software Configuration Wizard which is started from the Administration GUI.

As far as performance, I can't say.
Rick

Rick Brode
EMC NetWorker and UNIX Training
www.brodetraining.com

Teresa Biehler wrote:

So, has anyone upgraded to v7.4 yet?  I'm wondering how it compares to
the latest v7.3.2.

Thanks.

Teresa