Networker

Re: [Networker] A couple of restore questions

2007-06-27 10:45:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] A couple of restore questions
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:33:38 +0100
Funny you should ask that - I've just done that very thing.

what you want is a command similar to...

nsrck -L 7 -t "05/05/07 09:37:54" myclient

Substitute your own date/time and client name.

We've found it quite picky about getting the exact time of the index save.
Use mminfo to get the correct dat/time of the save.

Hope this helps... allan.

>>> N.J.Kavanagh AT HULL.AC DOT UK 27/06/07 15:17:00 >>>

All,
I'm using Networker 7.3.2 on Solaris.

I'm sure I've seen references to quickly restoring files, which are not in the
online index, but on tape without using scanner -i to read all the indexes in.
Can anyone tell me what the combination of commands are, or point me to a URL.

Also, when I used  scanner -i /dev/rmt/0cbn it complained about not knowing the
client name, then changed the name to ~client-1, has anyone seen this before or
can anyone explain whats happening. Sorry lost exact messages at the moment.

The tape was from a 7.2 version of networker.

Thanks.

Regards

Nigel.

Nigel J Kavanagh, Corporate Systems, Academic Services, Venn Building,
University of Hull, Cottingham Road, Hull.

HU6 7RX, England

Tel: 01482 466864, Fax: 01482 465930

N.J.Kavanagh AT hull.ac DOT uk

Corporate Systems Support: corpsys AT hull.ac DOT uk