Networker

Re: [Networker] virtual client license

2007-06-25 20:53:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] virtual client license
From: backup <backup AT zweistra DOT nl>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:44:26 +0200
We use a workaround that might work and is still legal.
Snag is that the backup is not visible in the index under the virtual name
but under the node name but it still is a backup of the virtual server.

If you use nmc than this is easy
Make sure you don't have a client definition of your virtual client.

Select either of your physical nodes
Click right button and choose copy
Change the name of the client in the virtual host name
Make the backup command save -c virtualhostname
Make sure you did not change the client id.
In save sets fill in all the virtual paths you want to backup
Save the configuration and make a testbackup
When you look in the index search for your backup under the nodename
Because the client id is the same as that of your node you will not get the
client license error but you pay in that you'll have to know what you did.

Otherwise just buy the license :)