Networker

Re: [Networker] Licensing Issues

2007-06-25 03:09:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Licensing Issues
From: katans <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:14:29 -0700
Hi,

It's quite simple.
Each backup server have an hostid. If you click on registration menu you will
see this hostid.
Each backup server (nw) runs in trial mode 30 days but if you type grace on
registration you will receive another 15 days. During this time networker have
all capabilities.
After this period (or during this time) we need to add enablers code. (for
backup server, libraries, and aother options that you need).
After the first enabler was typed your need to add all of them otherwise we
can't use this server any more. ENABLERS ARE DISABLERS!
After that we need to make activation on powerlink.emc.com or to contact your
representative. In order to obtain authorisation code you have to give your
hostid and enabler code to powerlink or your repres.
Based on enabler and hostid, auth code (perm license) have to be
generated.
I can give you some enabolers if you don't have, but keep in mind that these is
not permanent. When you will by media kit from EMC you will receive almost all
enablers available.

Regards,

Catalin SCARLET
Senior Storage Consultant
STAR STORAGE
8, Dimitrie Pompei Blvd, Feper Bldg, 1st floor
Bucharest, 020337, Romania
Phone: +(40)-21-2421346; ext. 283
Fax: +(40)-21-2421348
Mobile: (40) 743.354452
E-mail: catalin.scarlet AT star-group DOT ro
Web: www.star-storage.ro