Networker

Re: [Networker] Solaris block size

2007-06-22 06:34:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Solaris block size
From: Jeremie Lebec <Jeremie.Lebec AT DEVOTEAM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:31:44 +0200
Davina,
Thank you for your precision.
Jeremie.

Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
Envoyé par : EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
22/06/2007 12:18
Veuillez répondre à
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Veuillez
répondre à
Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Objet
Re: Solaris block size

Jeremie Lebec wrote:
> We will upgrade a NetWorker server from Solaris 8 machie to a Solaris 9
> and I would like to be sure of one last thing. Does anyone know if the
> default block size is different between Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 (We
would
> llike to be able to read bootstrap from "old" backup) ?

The block size is not set by the OS. It is set by NetWorker for a
particular device type but can also be restricted by the drivers used on
a particular OS. In general this is never an issue with Unix systems, it
is typically badly written drivers for Windows systems that cause the
trouble.

type

Combining consulting and technology solutions offers enables Devoteam
to provide its customers with independent advice and effective solutions
that meet their strategic objectives (IT performance and optimisation)
in complementary areas: networks, systems infrastructure, security
and e-business applications.
Created in 1995, Devoteam achieved in 2005 a turnover of 199 million euros
and an operating margin of 7%. The group counts 2,400 employees through
sixteen countries in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
Listed on Euronext (Eurolist B compartment) since October 28, 1999.
Part of the Nexteconomy, CAC SMALL 90, IT CAC 50, SBF 250 index of
Euronext Paris
ISIN: FR 000007379 3, Reuters: DVTM.LM, Bloomberg: DEVO FP