Networker

Re: [Networker] 15 person Office in Italy - Legato setup inquiry

2007-06-18 11:13:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] 15 person Office in Italy - Legato setup inquiry
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:09:26 -0400
On Jun 18, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Howard, Patrick wrote:

So, if we were to install the drive on the Exchange box, then that
server would become the "Legato Master Server"...right?

If you install the NetWorker software software, plus storage node, and client, then your assumption is true.

Is the scenario I have mentioned and you have provided great feedback on
the "recommended" way to go for such a small office?

Another option to consider, depending on your employer's network infrastructure, is to install just the NetWorker client on all the servers in this office in Italy and back up via your intranet to a server at your location. You would still need to client connections and a license for the Exchange module.