Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 level of stability as of June 2007?

2007-06-14 12:57:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.2 level of stability as of June 2007?
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:49:10 +0100
Personally, I'm still not impressed.  7.3.2 Jumbo 1 covers at least 3 different
builds due to the bugs that keep getting found and fixed.  I'm working with it
at the moment and, while server stability and basic backup functionality are
good, a lot of the little things are still fairly poor - cloning, GUI, tape
mounting (on occasion), jukebox hangs etc.  I can't say whether all of the
major ones of those (IMO - tape mounting & jukebox hangs specifically) have
been fixed in the latest build, but I'd rather be on 7.1 or 7.2 if I had the
choice.

7.4 should be out soon, and I believe that many of the changes in that relate
to the GUI.  Hopefully it will be more user-friendly than the current version.

HTH,

Stuart.