Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume name/barcode mismatch

2007-06-14 12:40:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume name/barcode mismatch
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:37:23 -0700
We have a Spectralogic 10K too but I'm still running NetWorker 7.2.1.
My normal practice when changing out tapes is to remove them using the
NetWorker GUI Withdraw command (but the command line 'nsrjb -w' should
do that as well).  That way NetWorker knows what has been removed and
what slots are empty.  Then I add tapes using the 10K touch screen &
door button.  When I run an inventory (using the GUI Fast/Silent
operation, 'nsrjb -Iq' I think) it reads the bar code labels on the
tapes and only rarely needs to actually load a tape in a drive to verify
the label.  I've seldom had problems with this method.

So perhaps if you used NetWorker to withdraw the tapes so it didn't have
a preconceived notion about what tape should be in a slot it might
improve the situation and you wouldn't need the -E option to get a good
inventory.

Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc